In order to store the username and password, user should first create a “list” in SharePoint
Simply name it as “access_account”
Use “Quick Edit” to add two column, “username” & “password”
For testing, Right Click > New and add “edward” as username, “123” as password
Move to the PowerApps application, open existing project / new project
Create two new Screens (name it : “loginScreen” & “HomeScreen”). When we have successfully create the login function, it will redirect user into Screen called “HomeScreen”, therefore, the “HomeScreen” here is for display purpose only, it is not involved in the login function.
Add new text inputs for username/password input
Remember to name the username/password input for data access
Make use the hint text attribute
To create the login matching, on the onSelect attribute of the button
Create simple matching function, logic explained as the following:
If(LookUp(access_account, Title = username.Text, Password) = password.Text, Navigate([@HomeScreen], ScreenTransition.Fade), "")
- We search for the “username.Text” (the value of username input field) within the database “access_account”
- If username exists in the list, we lookup for the “Password” field on the SAME ROW
- If the lookup result of (2) return equal to “password.Text”, the HomeScreen is navigated.
Microsoft SharePoint is slightly different from the usual database, for instance, the attribute value does not necessarily match the original value. For instance, we defined “username” and “password” on the SharePoint list , however, it is interpreted as “Title” and “Password” (case sensitive) in the list (in one of my case, it varies with different list). To effectively find out the actual attribute name needed for coding, we can insert a new form and check for the actual value needed, here’s the little tricks.
1. Try to insert form
2. Press “Connect to data” and connect to the “access_account” list, locate it on the right toolbar
3. Find the real attribute name by searching though the field
4. In this case, “OData_x0061_ma5” is the real attribute of “password” while “Title” is for “username”
The button function should be modify into:
If(LookUp(access_account, Title = username.Text, OData_x0061_ma5) = password.Text,